Detailed Directions (With Pictures)
*Please note there is a printable recipe card at the end*
Separate the egg whites from the yolk. Mix the dry ingredients (flour and baking powder) by passing them through a sieve couple of times.
Dissolve the coconut sugar and stevia in milk.
Add vanilla extract to milk.
Sift the flour and baking powder couple of times.
Pour the milk mix in with the flour.
Add melted butter to the mix.
Add egg yolk to the mix.
Mix the ingredients well with a hand mixer. The mix will be little dry initially, but it will reach the correct consistency once we mix egg whites.
Take the egg whites in the bowl and use a whisk/mixer to get stiff peaks. You may use a hand mixer to beat the eggs. It takes about 15-20 seconds with a mixer or 2-3 minutes with a whisk.
Add these to the cake mix.
Use spatula to mix the egg whites with the cake mix, else use a mixer.
Pour the cake mix in buttered and floured cake pans. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out.
Alternatively you may use a water bath to bake the cake, it will take around 50-55 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. A water bath adds moisture to the oven and provides a slow, even, heat.
Allow the cake to cool on the rack for 30 minutes.
If you want to make the whipped cream at the home, then you need to take chilled, yes very chilled heavy cream.
Beat continously making bigger loops, so that more air gets in and you can get stiff peaks, it takes around 2-3 minutes, else you may use a mixer to beat the cream.
Also, cut the cake in 2 slices and place the strawberry slices with cream on top. If you want to evenly spread the cream, you may use an icing cone.
Place the other cake piece on top of the cream and again top with the whipped cream and strawberry pieces.
If you want to save the recipe for offline use, just hit the print button below and get it.
Learn how to make all of your favorite cakes with no sugar.
The sweetest Sugar Free Strawberry Short Cake
Easy to make the sweetest sugar-free strawberry short cake.
- 1 1/2 cup of sifted common flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of soft butter
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. stevia
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. fruit juice (optional)
- 1 cup strawberry
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (chilled)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a round baking tin.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolk.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour and baking powder) by passing them through a sieve couple of times.
- Mix the wet ingredients (excluding the egg whites) with the dry ingredients.
- Separately, beat the egg whites until they have stiff peaks. Stir them into the main mix using a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin(s) and place the tins in a water bath.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks for 30 minutes.
- Make the whipped cream (if you prefer to buy some from the store, feel free). Take the chilled heavy cream ( or whipping cream). Beat continuously making bigger loops, so that more air gets in and you get stiff peaks.
- Cut the cake in 2 slices. Evenly spread a layer of cream in the middle, and place the strawberry slices in the whipped cream.
- Place the other cake piece on the top of the cream and again top with the whipped cream and strawberry pieces. Enjoy!
Enjoy and share it with friends.
Last Updated on