Detailed Directions (With Pictures)
*Please note there is a printable recipe card at the end*
Important note- all ingredients for the cake need to be at room temperature.
Mix agave with stevia.
Add eggs to the mix.
Mix all these ingredients using a whisk, or you can use a mixer to beat the mix at medium speed.
Add in some vanilla extract and mix well.
Then add in the dry ingredients.
Use a whisk to beat well or use a mixer at medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
Add butter to the mix. The butter should be at room temperature and soft. If not, melt it in a microwave.
Pour the mix in the ramekins
Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean (with no wet dough on it).
Once they are baked, let them cool. They will come out the ramekins easily once they cool off (but not so well if they’re still hot)
If you want to make the whipped cream at home, then you need to use some very chilled heavy cream (also known as whipping cream).
Beat continously making bigger loops, so that more air gets in and you can get stiff peaks, it takes around 2-3 minutes, or you can use a mixer to beat the cream.
Cut the cake in 2 slices and place the kiwi slices with the cream on top. If you want to evenly spread the cream, you can use an icing cone. You may choose to add 2 tablespoons of agave to kiwi slices.
Place the other cake piece on the top of the cream and again top with whipped cream and kiwi pieces. So delicious!
You can use this delicious cake recipe for offline use as well, just hit the print button and get it.Print
Double Stacked Sugar Free Kiwi Short Cake
Easy to make the sugar free kiwi shortcake.
- 1 cup of sifted flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of soft butter
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1/4 cup of agave nectar
- 2 tsp. stevia
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 kiwi
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. stevia
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (chilled)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a baking tin or 3 ramekins
- Beat agave and stevia together until stevia dissolves. Add eggs, cream, and vanilla extract to the agave mix.
- Mix the ingredients well with a whisk or with a mixer or medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients. Mix the ingredients well with a whisk or with a mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add soft butter and mix lightly.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin or ramekins. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Take 1/2 cup chilled heavy cream, add stevia, vanilla extract, and whisk continuously for 2-3 minutes until you get stiff peaks. You may use a mixer, but use it at low speed.
- Slice the shortcake in 2 pieces and place the kiwi slices on the cake.
- Spread the whipped cream with a spoon or use an icing cone. Top the cake with more cream and kiwi pieces.
Enjoy your delicious kiwi shortcake!
Our team at The Fitness Tribe often collaborates together to produce content. Many times the content is not written by a single author, instead it is usually a team effort.