Detailed Directions (With Pictures)
*Please note there is a printable recipe card at the end*
Alright, first we want to gether all of our ingredients we will need for this hardy and healthy recipe.
Next we want to mix our wet ingredients together. Eggs first.
Then vanilla and apple sauce.
Remember to make sure you grab the unsweetened the kind!
Now we have this, a beautifu mess.
Last but not least the agave, to sweeten these little delights just right.
Time to mix all our dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
Here are our oats.
…flax, cinnamon, baking powder and salt…
All into one bowl.
Then add into our wet ingredients, mixed in on low.
Now the milk! Add away.
Alas, we have ready “scoop-able into muffin pans” batter.
So, let’s do that, evenly scoop the batter into lined muffin pans.
If you don’t have little paper thing, you can also grease pans with butter and baking oil and flour. ( or corn starch if you are gluten free)
After you have evenly scooped your batter into each liner, dress the muffin with your topping of choice.
Walnuts are a great choice (used here). They are packed full of protein, vitamins and omega 3!
Toss those babies into your pre-heated oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Test with a toothpick by sticking it in the middle, if the toothpick comes out clean, we are clear for take-out.
Let them cool before devoring.
A great way to cool muffins is to turn them on their sides in the pan, so both the top and bottom can cool off at the same time.
Tada, we have muffins!
Now we have delightful, healthy, SUGAR-FREE, breakfast muffins!
Serve your new tasty friends for breakfast, or store in gallon size freezer bags and freeze.
If you want to save this delicious recipe for offline use just hit the print button below and get it.Print
Healthy Sugar Free Breakfast Muffins
Easy to make sugar free Breakfast muffins.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup agave
- 5 cups, old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cups flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 3/4 cup of milk (almond milk for dairy free)
- Optional toppings: raisins, walnuts, almonds, sugar-free chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix eggs, vanilla, apple sauce, banana, & agave in an electric mixer (such as a KitchenAid)
- In a separate bowl, mix oats, flax, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients (in the mixer). Finally, pour in milk and mix.
- Spray a muffin pan with baking oil or use muffin liners. Pour batter evenly into each liner. If using toppings add them onto tops of muffins now.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, test with a toothpick if it comes out clean the muffins are done. Cool and enjoy, or freeze in gallon freezer bags if you plan on storing them more than a few days.
MIx all the ingredients, dry and wet. Evenly pour them in the muffin liners. Bake them for a specific time, cool and enjoy the sugar-free breakfast muffins.
Our team at The Fitness Tribe often collaborates together to produce content. Many times the content is not written by a single author, instead it is usually a team effort.