Detailed Directions (with Pictures)
*Please note there is a printable recipe card at the end*
Start by separating the egg whites from the yolks.
Mix the flour, baking powder, and baking soda by passing them through a sieve couple of times.
Dissolve the coconut sugar and stevia in milk.
Add vanila extract to milk.
Mix the milk mix with the flour.
Add melted butter to the mix.
Add egg yolk to the mix.
Mix the ingredients well with a hand mixer. The mix will be a little dry initially, but it will reach the correct consistency once we mix egg whites.
Take the egg whites in the bowl and use a whisk/mixer to get stiff peaks. You may use a hand mixer to beat the eggs. It takes around 15-20 seconds with a mixer or 2-3 minutes with a whisk.
Add these to the muffin mix.
Use spatula to mix the egg whites with the muffin mix, else use a mixer.
Finally, chop the apples and discard the seeds.
Add the chopped apples to the muffin mix.
Pour the muffin mix in buttered and floured muffin pans. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Alternatively you may use a water bath to bake the muffins, it will take around 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
The water bath adds moisture to the oven and provides a more even and slower heat source than the direct heat of an oven.
Allow the muffins to cool on the rack for 30 minutes.
If you want to save the recipe for offline use, just press the print button below and get it.
Learn how to make all of your favorite cakes with no sugar.
Sugar Free Apple Muffins!
Easy to make the sugar free Apple Muffins.
- 2 medium-sized apples
- 1 1/2 cup of sifted common flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of soft butter
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. stevia
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp.baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. Grease and flour a baking tin.
- Dissolve the coconut sugar with milk and stevia. Add the egg yolks, dry ingredients, milk, and butter. Mix well.
- Beat the egg whites separately, and mix with the muffin mix.
- Add the finely chopped apple pieces.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin and bake about 40-45 minutes with water bath or until the toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes.
Now enjoy these delicious sugar-free apple muffins.