Onnit has significantly impacted the fitness industry, from Onnit Supplements like Total Human to their kettlebells. They want to continue their impact with the steel mace, promoting functional fitness.
We dived into the Onnit Steel Mace to understand what they are all about, and we have all of the details for you. Let’s not waste another minute–to Onnit and beyond!
Steel Mace and Its Benefits
Have you heard of steel mace? It’s a strength training method that involves uneven weight distribution with multiple grip options to develop core and shoulder strength. It’s similar to Clubbell Training and Indian clubs.
The multiple grip options change the position of the weight allowing for different rotations, swings, twists, and presses, engaging the core through them all. The extra grip options increase grip strength for functional fitness. A quick change of grip also works muscles differently, making exercises easier or more difficult.
Swinging a steel mace builds strength through the shoulders, leading to fewer injuries. Physical therapists use a steel mace to rebuild shoulder strength after injuries and surgeries. The steel mace is an excellent addition to your workouts for total body conditioning and high-intensity interval training.
Onnit Steel Mace
Not to be outdone by its competitors, Onnit developed a steel mace to give customers new equipment to add to their workouts. Made of steel, the Onnit mace comes in 7 lbs, 10 lbs, 15 lbs, 20 lbs, and 25 lbs, with the length increasing as the weight increases. The weighted ball at the end holds most of the weight, making an uneven distribution for excellent core workouts.
The handle is thick for ease of grip and to provide better grip strength as you use it. Onnit recommends using two steel maces when exercising, one light and one heavy.
Onnit urges people to use the steel mace for functional fitness. You build core and rotational strength using real-life movements and utilize stabilizers while working joints. These movements promote overall strength, allowing fewer injuries.
We recommend the Onnit Steel Mace for anyone looking to improve their strength and mobility. People who like high-intensity training sessions and want variety in their workout routine will love using an Onnit mace.
The Onnit mace is excellent for people who need a low-impact workout, as the multiple grips change the challenge of the mace. People who suffer from joint pain will love the Onnit mace as it has low pressure on joints for any fitness level.
- The Onnit Steel Mace is one of the most effective ways to train and condition your whole body while mimicking real world movement.
- The mace is one of the most effective ways to build core and rotational strength, and is a steel testament to one's desire to take fitness back to its primal roots.
- Steel maces are a full-body workout that promotes functional fitness
- Works core and stabilizers while building rotational stability
- Different grip options change the movement and offset balance for more challenging exercises
- Excellent for conditioning, endurance, cardio, and mobility
- Not great for beginners to fitness
- Different weights are needed for specific exercises
- The heaviest weight might not be enough for advanced athletes
- Athletic ability is required for some movements
Alternatives to the Onnit Steel Mace
Retrospec Mace Bell
- Retrospec mace bells feature an all-steel construction for an incredibly durable build.
- Use this mace bell for a variety of exercises including strength training, CrossFit, combat, and more.
- Weight: available in 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 lbs.
An alternative to Onnit’s mace is the Retrospec mace bell. The weight options range from 5 to 30 lbs, and the handle is textured for a more secure grip. The length of the mac is 37.3,” and the uneven balance of the mace is highly effective for exercises like core work and rotations. It comes in a matte black and is 100% steel constructed.
Yes4All Steel Mace
- Indestructible mace head and knurled shaft for a better grip and long handle make sure you perform natural movements without it slipping out of your hands.
- With the Special shape of mace bell, you can freely perform multi-planar movements and ad more challenge to your daily routine such as squats, lunges, shouldering, deadlifts, Swings, 360 exercises, overhead presses and many more.
The Yes4All mace is another excellent option to add to your workouts. It features weights from 5 to 30 lbs and is 100% steel. It is longer than the Retrospec at 42”, which can make it harder to swing. The textured handle provides excellent grip during your workouts.
Onnit Mace Complete
Onnit is known for its wide range of fitness products, and the steel mace is another excellent addition. It brings a different variety to your workout, building strength from everyday activities. As we age, the idea of functional fitness is vital. We want to be able to do things like carry groceries into the house without injuries. Try the Onnit steel mace and watch your functional fitness soar.