If you’ve always wanted a treadmill but have been cautious about how big and bulky they are, we might have the solution for you.
Here at The Fitness Tribe, we always want to make sure you are happy with your fitness regimen. If a treadmill is always your go-to at the gym, maybe a folding treadmill that fits under your bed will bring the gym home to you.
The days are over where you need tons of space for your treadmill. Read on for some of the best folding treadmills that are compact and can fit under your bed.
Folding Treadmill Must-Have Features
Before you run out and buy a folding treadmill, let’s discuss some of the most critical features.
These features will take your fold flat treadmill to the next level.
Size and Weight
We mentioned that treadmills could be enormous and bulky. The great news about folding treadmills is they are usually lighter than a regular treadmill.
That said, if a foldable treadmill is too lightweight, there might be issues with how much weight it can withstand.
There is a fine line between a compact folding treadmill that is lightweight enough to store under the bed versus a treadmill that is so flimsy it breaks once you step on it.
Consider your available space, the treadmill’s weight, and your body weight as factors in which folding under bed treadmill you should purchase.
How fast do you run? If you’ve never calculated your max speed, now is the time.
On average, fold flat treadmills range in speed from 6 mph to 12 mph. Ensure that your max speed is not more than that.
Those who like to walk should be just fine within that range.
Check the motor to see how much velocity the folding treadmill can accommodate.
A compact treadmill has a maximum weight capacity. Check out what it is before you purchase.
Many of the foldable treadmills can withstand up to 300lbs, which is pretty incredible.
Don’t we all love the control panel on a treadmill? You want to find a control panel that is easy to read and able to adjust your settings.
Some foldable treadmill panels are controlled via an app, making it easier to manage and set up your workout.
Regardless of what it offers, ensure multiple setting options meet your workout requirements like calories burned or distance traveled.
If a quick setup is what you prefer, make sure that is included. If you are a remote control person, ensure that it comes with one.
This is one, if not the most critical feature of your fold flat treadmill.
You need something that will last the test of time no matter how often you use it and fold it for storage.
While the cheapest options might be eye-catching, chances are they won’t last.
If you don’t want to replace the folding treadmill every year, check the materials and check out past reviews for the treadmill.
The range is immense when it comes to a compact foldable running treadmill.
You can find one from $300 to over $1000.
If a compact folding treadmill is more expensive, that doesn’t always mean it’s more durable than some cheaper versions. Many times the most costly versions have more advanced control panels and program features.
There’s no need to spend your entire paycheck on a folding treadmill.
Make sure you check all of the specs and consider the other elements we discussed when purchasing, and you will be fine.
Best Folding Treadmill Under Bed
It’s time to go through the list of the best folding treadmills that fit under your bed.
As always, we’ve done excellent research to bring you nothing but the best options for your home gym. Let’s get right to it.
The Sunny Health Fitness Folding Treadmill is the first on our list because we feel it has the best overall package.
It features a control panel that provides your speed, distance, time, and calories burned. Folding this compact treadmill is simple as you turn the knob to fold it and use a key to lock it into place before storing it.
The maximum weight capacity is 220lbs, and it reaches a speed of 8mph with its 2.5-peak horsepower motor.
Track your steps with a built-in pedometer and jam out to your favorite tunes with the built-in speakers. It measures 59” x 30.5” x 40” when in place and weighs 95 lbs.
It’s available on Amazon for $699.97 and comes completely assembled.
Free shipping and free assembly? We told you this one was the entire package.
- Built from excellent materials for excellent durability
- When it’s folded, it’s only 4.5” in height, so it can easily fit under the bed.
- The treadmill is shipping already assembled.
- The speed goes up to 8mph.
- Expensive treadmill
- It does not feature a built-in heart rate monitor
Save space and pack a powerful workout with the Slim Folding Motorized Treadmill by Asuna.
- Supports a maximum user weight of 100 kg.
- Equipped with shock absorption technology that reduces impact on your joints when you exercise.
If you work from home and are looking for an excellent desk-standing treadmill, look no further than the Rhythm Fun Treadmill.
It’s super slim with only a running platform thickness of 1.18”, and it’s lightweight at only 66lbs. Use it for walking or running as the speed ranges from 3.7mph to 5.5mph.
It has a LED display that shows your calories, speed, time, and distance. It works with a remote control and also links to the Smart Workout app.
Track your workout directly on your phone. Made with a durable steel frame with a 10-year warranty, this under-the-bed treadmill is solid and durable.
One of the ideal components is the “under desk walking option.” Fit it under your desk and walk while you work. Two birds with one stone, people!
Measuring at 56” x 27” x 5” with a weight capacity of 220lbs, receive this folding treadmill for $599.00 on Amazon fully assembled!
- Extremely lightweight at only 66lbs
- It comes with a 10-year warranty on the frame, a 1-year warranty on parts, and a 2-year warranty on the 1.5 horsepower motor.
- Made with durable steel
- It features an under desk walking option to get fit while on those work meetings.
- This folding treadmill is extremely quiet when in use.
- It works with an app so you can track your progress on your phone.
- The highest speed is only 5.5mph.
- Some reviews stated that the belt shifts at times.
2-in-1 Folding Running Walking Treadmill with Foldable Handtrail and Speed Sensor Light Slim Mini Quiet Treadmill with Smart Remote Workout App for Home/Office.
- Designed with suspended shock-absorption.
- The shockproof and anti-slip surface of the slim treadmill reduces impact on your knees.
- This 220 lb weight capacity treadmill suitable for most people.
Another excellent option available on Amazon, the Serenelife Folding Treadmill, is our favorite budget folding treadmill option at only $340.76.
It can withstand up to 265lbs and folds to 25.2” x 24” x 49.2” for storing. The speed range goes all of the way to 6mph, and it has three levels of inclination.
Let’s talk about the LCD screen. See your time, distance, calories burned, speed, heart rate. It has hand sensors that read your BPM (beats per minute) and works with Android or iOS via the Fitshow app.
It also has a built-in cup holder for your water bottle.
It’s available on Amazon and comes partially assembled.
- Lightweight option weighing only 60lbs
- Works with the Fitshow app
- An inexpensive option for those on a budget
- This treadmill features incline settings for more challenging workouts
- Programs already installed into the treadmill
- The treadmill features a heart rate monitor
- Some reviews complain that the mat slips, especially when you run on the treadmill.
- Sturdiness is questionable.
Easy Assembly Fitness Motorized Running Jogging Exercise Machine with Manual Incline Adjustment, 12 Preset Programs
- Smart Digital Treadmill Design.
- The compact treadmill for small spaces has LCD display w/ touch button controls.
If you want to go premium with your compact folding treadmill, the 3G Cardio Fold Flat treadmill is the best choice.
It comes with a 3.0 horsepower motor, so you’re talking speed for days with this apparatus. The max speed is 11mph with simple keys that increase the incline for a more strenuous workout, especially for runners.
When it’s folded, it’s only 9.75” high so that it will fit under your bed with no problem. Wheels come with it to help move it into storage when not in use. The fold-flat dimensions are 74” x 33” x 9.75”.
It comes with heart rate sensors and eight built-in programs you can utilize. The control panel is large and easy to read. Built-in speakers with an audio connection mean you can listen to tunes during your workout.
This under-the-bed treadmill is available on Amazon for $1,599 and comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Well-made, durable treadmill
- Max speed is 11mph
- Excellent treadmill for runners
- The installed speakers have crystal clear sound
- The treadmill folds flat or upright depending on your storage needs
- Most expensive option
- Height when folded flat is higher than some competitors
Folds Flat Storage Treadmill - Store Under a Bed - Compact Runner's Treadmill - 325 LB User Capacity.
- The 80i Fold Flat Incline Treadmill is the only folding treadmill on the market built exclusively for runner.
- With a heavy duty 3.0 HP motor, nearly a 60” running surface and incredible stability.
5. Goplus 2 in 1 Folding Treadmill
When you want some variety with your treadmill, the Goplus 2 in 1 is perfect for you.
If the handrail is raised, you can use the treadmill as a jogger with a max speed of 7.5mph. Lower the rail, and it becomes an excellent jogger with a slower pace of 2.5mph. The 2.25 horsepower motor is efficient and quiet when in use because of the shock absorption.
When folded, dimensions are 49” x 27” x 42” are dimensions, so it’s perfect for fitting under the bed.
It’s much more lightweight than some competitors, so easier to move and store, especially with the built-in wheels.
An LED display shows calories, time, distance, and speed, and the Bluetooth speakers work with most mobile devices.
The phone holder and remote control area are wonderful additions to this compact folding treadmill.
Buy it on Amazon for $399.99, completely assembled.
- Extremely quiet when in use
- Features a phone holder and Bluetooth speaker installed
- Quick speeds for a compact treadmill
- Delivered completely assembled
- To store it, you must remove the handles.
- This treadmill doesn’t feature an incline option.
Are you ready to Choose?
The options are there, and now it’s up to you to choose.
You can’t go wrong with any of the selections we mentioned as they are all durable, compact, and have excellent features like displays for your stats and installed speakers.
The huge, bulky treadmills are a thing of the past. Get a folding treadmill and pop it under your bed when you’re done. Easy as that!