If COVID taught us anything, dietary supplements like multivitamins were essential to creating a solid barrier against viruses. Vitamin supplements contain plenty of essential vitamins and minerals that we sometimes miss out on in our diets. The health benefits of vitamins like Vitamin D and C enable us to boost our immune system against deadly bacteria and viruses, especially for those with specific health concerns.
While that sounds fantastic, the number of vitamin brands on the market is overwhelming. From gummy vitamins to chewable vitamins to vitamins for bone health and healthy aging, there are so many options available. Good thing you decided to stop into The Fitness Tribe to get your dose of information. As always, we are happy to oblige.
A Breakdown of Multivitamins
Multivitamins are dietary supplements containing vitamins and minerals to support a healthy diet. There are numerous benefits associated with a vitamin supplement. Benefits include:
- Improvements in energy levels
- Reduced anxiety and stress levels
- Less moodiness
- Increase in bone density
- Improved memory
With health benefits like these, it makes sense to find the best multivitamin for you.
Is it Necessary to Take Vitamin Supplements?
According to experts, taking multivitamins is unnecessary if you regularly consume a healthy diet full of fruits, vegetables, grains, and protein. However, most of us tend to fall off the wagon when it comes to eating a balanced diet. There’s no reason to be ashamed, as it happens to the best of us. However, dietary support supplements can provide you with some essential vitamins and minerals you may be missing in your daily calorie intake.
For example, broccoli is loaded with nutrients that support healthy aging. Those little trees are packed with beneficial nutrients from zinc to calcium to potassium. However, we know that maybe broccoli isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. If that’s the case, getting your nutrients from a trusted vitamin brand may be the answer.
Best Multivitamins Made in the USA
Now that you understand what multivitamins are for and their benefits, let’s look at some of the best vitamin brands made in the USA.
As members of B Corporation, a contingent of businesses that meet specific social and environmental standards, Future Kind offers dietary supplements from clean, plant-based products. Future Kind vitamins are the best vegan multivitamins on the market, and their packaging is environmentally-friendly. They contain the vital B vitamins vegans typically need as single nutrient supplements due to their plant-based diet. At Future Kind they are working to become the most sustainable dietary supplement in the world. We like Future Kind best for its environmentally-friendly appeal, for vegans and anyone over 11.
This is the vegan complete multivitamin for those that want it all. Complete with a whopping 42 GMO-free fruits and veggies, enzymes, and probiotics, this wellness-boosting formula offers all the vitamins and minerals your body needs to thrive, no matter your diet.
- Best overall multivitamin with a formula to suit everyone
- Made for vegans with essential b vitamins and Omega-3 amino acids
- Manufactured in the USA
- Packaging is 100% recyclable
- Vitamins are tested by third parties
- Supports animal-friendly and environmentally-friendly non-profit organizations
- Inexpensive with multiple coupons to save money
- Reviews have mentioned delivery and packaging are inadequate
- The vitamins are soft gel tablets that leak upon opening
- Softgels can be sticky, which makes it harder to swallow them
Life Extension Two-Per-Day Multivitamin Capsules
Life Extension is on our list of the best vitamin brand for several reasons. The main reason is that it exceeds the RDAs (recommended dietary allowances) for the essential vitamins and minerals you need without causing harm. They believe that to keep a healthy lifestyle and boost immunity to unwanted pathogens, you must consume nutrients like zinc, magnesium, and vitamins C, D, E, B12, and B1. According to this supplement company, some of the benefits are bone health support, healthy aging, and better immune and brain health. It’s gluten-free and available on Amazon for $17.10 for 120 capsules. We like this vitamin brand for its potency and help replenish highly active people’s vitamins and minerals.
- Our Two-Per-Days meet or exceed the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for nearly every ingredient where an RDA exists.
- In order to support optimal health and well-being, you need a science-based dose of vitamins and minerals every day.
- Nourish your body with essential vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
- High levels of vitamins and minerals exceed RDA recommendations
- It has high bioavailability, which allows the body to absorb nutrients quicker for better overall effects
- It contains many helpful minerals
- Two per day seems like too much
- Can make your urine bright yellow
- It has a foul smell and aftertaste
- Not vegan-friendly
- Can cause an upset stomach
Centrum Silver (Men and Women)
One of the highest-selling vitamin brands in the world, Centrum Silver provides dietary supplements specific to men and women. The benefits of this vitamin brand include better memory function and Vitamin D for bone health. This supplement manufacturer also makes a vitamin with a special coating, making it easier for older people to swallow it. This vitamin brand is best for seniors, those looking for a budget-friendly option, and people wanting a vitamin formulated for their gender.
- Vitamins for eye health and zinc supplements that are Non-GMO and gluten-free
- Vitamin supplements for eye health, heart health, and brain health
- One 200 count bottle of Centrum Silver Multivitamin for Men 50 Plus, Multivitamin/Multimineral Supplement with Vitamin D3, B-Vitamins and Zinc
- Vitamin formulas are specific to men and women
- Women’s vitamin contains iron and calcium
- Men’s vitamin contains zinc and lycopene
- Not made for vegans
- Ingredients list not posted on Amazon
- Tablets are large and can be hard to swallow
- It can cause stomach cramps
L’il Critters Gummy Vites Daily Kids Gummy Multivitamin
Since kids can’t take the same kind of vitamin supplements as adults, it’s great when there are vitamin brands that make them meet children’s needs. L’il Critters are gummy vitamins certified gluten-free with many flavors to keep any child happy. Flavor choices are strawberry, blueberry, pineapple, orange, and cherry. The taste is so delicious it won the 2021 Chef’s Best Excellence Award for tastiness. It doesn’t contain artificial sweeteners or dairy. Essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin C and D, as well as the B vitamins, promote better immune function for kids and are found in L’il Critters. This vitamin brand is the best for kids aged three and up, bought during cold and flu season.
- Essential Nutrients: including vitamins C&D for immune support;* Vitamin A for eye support; Vitamin E for antioxidant support
- Yummy Nutrition: 5 kid-friendly naturally sourced flavors; Cherry, Strawberry, Orange, Pineapple & Blueberry
- No Artificial Flavors or Sweeteners, No Synthetic (FD&C) Dyes; No High Fructose Corn Syrup; No Gluten or Dairy
- Perfect taste for kids
- Gummy vitamins are a win with children
- Excellent source of vitamins in specific concentrations for kids
- Not vegan-friendly
- Some reviews said gummies were dried out when they ordered
- Other reviews said gummies were melted and clumped together upon receipt
- Not great for ordering in hot summer months
SmartyPants Daily Gummy Adult Multivitamin
These vitamins prove that it’s not only kids that enjoy gummies. Made with premium ingredients like zinc, vitamin B6 and K12, this vitamin brand is one of the best for adults who enjoy gummies, want Omega-3 without a fishy smell, and are on a budget. Despite being a gummy which is sometimes made with gelatin that contains gluten, SmartyPants gummies are gluten-free. They are also non-GMO (genetically modified) and allergen-free.
- 15 essential nutrients: omega-3 EPA/DHA (from fish oil), vitamin K for bones, CoQ10 for heart health, vitamin D3 for immunity, vitamin B12 to support energy metabolism
- Gummy multivitamin for adults also high in the antioxidant vitamin E from sunflower oil for the maintenance of overall good health
- It contains Omega-3 without a fishy smell
- Essential ingredients to include premium ones like vitamin K12
- More expensive than some competitors
- The required amount to take is 4-6 gummies per day
- It might melt in warm weather
- It contains large quantities of sugar
- Not vegan-friendly
- Some reviews complain the gummies stick to your teeth
One Last Thing
While all of these vitamin brands are manufactured in the USA, some others, like Nature Made vitamins, are as well. We just prefer the brands above to that one. Whether you are searching for the best vegan gummy vitamins, rootine vitamins, or an excellent multivitamin to add to your diet, we are here for you. Check out our other articles on vitamins to find the best fit. We think any of these options are plentiful, and most are delivered on Amazon. You’re welcome, folks.
Kristen holds a bachelors in English from Louisianna university. With a longstanding passion for fitness, she owns and operate her own gym and is a certified jazzercise instructor.