We love gym equipment, but sometimes it’s just too much to have in our home.
Finding a multi-functional workout apparatus might be just the thing to save space, work your muscles in different ways, and increase weight loss.
Let’s introduce you to the best elliptical/bike combo that will improve your cardio fitness and strengthen your muscles in no time.
Elliptical/Bike Combo Explained
What is an elliptical/bike combo? It’s a combination of a recumbent bike or upright bike and an elliptical machine all in one.
Get lots of excellent focus on your lower body with the elliptical exercise bike combo. There are many different designs and types to choose from when it comes to these machines.
Some features include additional padding for your feet, several ways to hold the handles, and adjusting the feet. They range in price from $150-$1000 depending on how fancy you want them to be.
Those with knee problems will love this apparatus as it is excellent for low-impact exercise. Both biking and elliptical training put less stress on your joints as you work out.
We mentioned that the elliptical/bike combo featured a recumbent bike.
This type of bike features the rider sitting in a laid-back position with the pedals slightly out in front of you. It works well for people who need a more ergonomic bike that is light on the joints.
It helps because the weight of the body is more evenly distributed throughout the legs and glutes.
Elements to Consider before Buying
The research will save the day when you are looking to buy a high-dollar product.
However, you need to know what features are vital. Here are some items to consider when purchasing the best elliptical bike combo.
Let’s be honest, folks—cost matters when buying anything, especially a high-dollar item like an exercise bike.
An elliptical bike combo can range anywhere from $150-$1000, depending on the extent of features.
While you don’t need to purchase the most expensive option, buying something too cheap means it might not be as sturdy or structurally sound as you might like. Take a look at the reviews to ensure you are getting the best value for your money.
The beauty of the elliptical bike combos is that they are a multi-functional apparatus.
However, if you get one that is too large, it won’t matter that it’s a two for one. Check the space in your home gym and ensure the elliptical combo you choose will fit nicely in your room.
If you don’t have a home gym, look for an elliptical trainer with wheels that is lightweight for easy mobility.
Maximum Weight Capacity
Most elliptical bike combos have a weight capacity ranging between 250 to 300 lbs.
Check to ensure that everyone who is utilizing the bike will meet the specified weight capacity.
Elliptical bike combos range in what they offer. Some offer program workouts or adjustable pedals and handlebars, which affect the training.
Check out what the elliptical, recumbent bike offers and ensure it meets your needs.
Variety of Resistance Levels
Look for an elliptical bike combo with various resistance levels to ensure you can increase or decrease the difficulty of your workout. Make sure it’s easy to change the resistance levels too.
An elliptical, recumbent bike combo might feature a knob to adjust the resistance, or it may be electronic.
Either way, ensure the resistance is enough to reach your goals to lose weight or build muscle.
When buying an elliptical bike combo, it needs to adjust to your needs. The seat and pedals should adapt to your height. If multiple people are using the apparatus, ensure that it’s simple to make adjustments.
An elliptical machine that works for one person might not be suitable for someone else. Look for something that adjusts to your specific needs, and don’t worry if something that suits your best friend doesn’t work for you.
It could be that one recumbent elliptical cross trainer is better suited for you than another based on adjustment versatility.
Some elliptical bike combo machines have features for days, ya’ll.
Anything from a place to put your water bottle to programmed workouts, heart rate monitors, and internal speakers, the features you can get with these exercise bikes are astounding.
Go big or go home, as they say. Get the features that matter the most to you.
Best Elliptical Bike Combos
We now know what to look for when purchasing an elliptical exercise bike combo machine.
Let’s now look at what we found to meet your needs when it comes to an elliptical and bike combo.
The Proform Hybrid Trainer XT Elliptical Recumbent Bike is a fan favorite for many reasons.
For one thing, it has a high weight capacity of 350 lbs. Another reason we love it is the app integration. It comes with a 30-day free membership to iFit.
We like free memberships. The LCD screen tracks your distance and calorie burn.
Add in some speakers, 16 levels of resistance, adjustable seats and pedals, and a five-year warranty, you have yourself an excellent elliptical exercise bicycle combo for as low as $519.
- 30-day complimentary iFit app
- It comes with internal speakers
- Holders for your tablet and water bottle
- Silent when in operation
- Stride length is 15”
- Features 16 levels of resistance
- Some reviews complain about LCD lighting and quality of build
- Start Your Complimentary 30-Day iFIT Membership;
- Stream live & on-demand workouts on your equipment with Global Workouts & Studio Classes;
- Elite trainers adjust your equipment ($15 value).
Now we like the Body Champ 2 in 1 because it features a magnetic resistance system that is silent when in use.
Workout day or night and never bother anyone with lots of noise.
This upright bike and elliptical combo features 12 programmed workouts, a workout DVD, an adjustable seat, and a one-year warranty.
With a weight capacity of 250lbs, most people can use this fitness equipment with no problem. It only weighs 77 lbs, so that it can be moved relatively quickly.
Get this exercise bike for $267.02 on Amazon and enjoy its compact design.
- Inexpensive option
- Quiet magnetic resistance system
- Assembly is simple
- Small design for your home gym
- Not heavy and easy to move
- Some reviews complained about needing to tighten screws often due to squeaking.
- No feature like cup or tablet holder
- With Seat, Heart-Rate Monitor, and Programmable LCD Console, BRM367.
- The deluxe programmable LCD console features 10+ preset heart-rate-driven or customizable workout programs.
The Body Rider Elliptical Trainer and Exercise Bike is a fantastic option for those on a budget.
It’s a 2 in 1 bike that features adjustable cushions, seat, and intensity knob. It has a heart rate monitor and digital screen to map your distance, time, and calories burned.
With magnetic resistance for intensity, a quiet ride, and a maximum weight capacity of 250lbs, this is an excellent option for your elliptical trainer and upright bike option for $193.47.
- Very inexpensive
- Despite the low price, sturdy apparatus
- Small exercise bike and lightweight for mobility
- Assembly is simple
- Intensity changed quickly via an adjustable knob
- It tends to be wobbly for more significant users
- Slides some on floor
With Seat and Easy Computer / Dual Trainer 2 in 1 Cardio Home Office Fitness Workout Machine BRD2000
- Two- in-one fitness machine, elliptical trainer and exercise bike
- High momentum fan blades
- Easily adjustable tension knob
- Electronic console that tracks distance, time, speed and calories burned
- Fully adjustable seat (horizontally and vertically) to fit different types of body types and heights.
This elliptical combo banks a lot of value at the price of $319.99.
Features include a device holder, adjustable seat, heart rate monitor, non-slip pedals, weight capacity of 240 lbs, and magnetic resistance for your intensity.
It has wheels for easy transport and is only 64.5 lbs. This elliptical machine with an exercise bike is smooth, silent, and stable.
- Wheels and lightweight so easy to transport
- Design is small, making it an excellent choice for your home gym
- Excellent workouts for losing weight and building strength
- Simple assembly
- Made with durable materials
- Complaints that the calories burned is not accurate
- The clicking sound is annoying
- Some reviews questioned its stability
VERSATILE MACHINE: Effective cardiovascular low impact workout targeting upper & lower body muscle groups.
- Effective cardiovascular low impact workout targeting upper & lower body muscle groups.
- 8 levels of magnetic resistance for higher workout intensities, the resistance knob puts the control intensity in your hands.
- Track your speed, time, distance, pulse, & calories burned.
Get an upright bike, recumbent bike, an elliptical trainer all in one place with this machine.
Not only that, it features a digital computer, tablet holder, adjustable seat, magnetic resistance, and wheels for easy transport. It also comes with a 28-day meal plan to get your healthy eating on track.
The maximum weight capacity is 250 lbs, and it has a 13.5 stride length. At $245.39 available on Amazon, we are excited about this elliptical bike combination.
- Features three exercise options in one machine
- Extremely versatile stationary bike
- Simple assembly and structurally sound
- Adjustable intensity is easy
- Lightweight bike for easy transport and storage
- Some reviews say it shakes during high-intensity training
- Timer seems off
- No water bottle holder
Upright Compact Exercise Bike, Elliptical Machine & Recumbent Bike, Trio Trainer with Heartrate Monitor, Silver, BRT5088 gray, silver, red.
- Electronic Computer Console
- Transport Wheels for easy storage
- Hassle free Transitions without unmounting or adjusting hardware
- Patented 3-in-1 Design (Patent No 9,474,925 )
Time to Get in Shape Right at Home
It’s easy to get in shape with these elliptical machines.
Whether they feature a recumbent bike or an upright bike, or both, an elliptical bike combo gives you at-home strength training and cardio that leads to fat loss and muscle growth.
Plus, it’s an excellent low-impact option for those who need it. The full-body handlebars ensure your upper body is getting a workout too.
There’s so much offered with these stationary bikes. Stop being jealous of your friend’s hybrid elliptical bike combo. Get one for you now!